Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day of 'No Car' Challenge



Today has been the first day of the September 'no car' challenge and for some reason I noticed how many people were on the road with one person in one car. Even a guy driving a Prius! I biked to a meeting at Green Meadows shopping plaza and home (40 minutes and 4 miles) then later that afternoon I biked to MU and home (5.0 miles total and 40 minutes). That is more exercise than I get going to the gym. I don't know why this feels so 'empowering' but it does. I am far more relaxed for some reason when bike commuting no matter how stressful the day has been.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks dude! The weather is soooooo cooperating with the September challenge! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it could be like this all year round...I rode today at lunch for hair cut, errands and such and barely worked up a sweat. 7 miles of good clean fun.

    ReplyDelete