Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 18: Fall arrives



Today was a wonderful day to ride! So incredibly beautiful! I love fall, especially further north because it comes sooner and stays longer. Today I rode a lot (for me) and enjoyed every minute of it. I did have two interesting interactions with cars today.

Scenario # 1: On my way to campus, I was on a side street when a USPS worker in a little USPS jeep came right up on me as I was getting ready to take the lane to get around a huge parked work truck. The USPS guy backed off but seemed really put out about it (he was on the right side of his car so he gave me a good glare when he passed). I was ahead of him and did not cut him off so I don't know what the problem was (maybe his little blue USPS shorts were too tight?). He was handsome though, so I'm gonna let it pass.

Scenario #2: On my night ride home on Broadway, I was riding far enough to the left to keep 3 feet between me and the parked cars on the right side of the road. This nitwit in a gray jeep wrangler decided to pass me with barely enough room between us. He was so very close to me. I could feel the air change as he passed me--he was that close. He had a woman and a young child in the car and I wondered what in heavens name he was thinking?! I really moved over then and TOOK the lane. I had a shiver for a bit thinking about how easily I could have been sandwiched between that guy's car and the cars on my right.

Miles: 12.60

No comments:

Post a Comment