Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 22: It was a dark and stormy night....

Okay, well, it was a dark night.... :-) Today I rode downtown on some errands, then by MU, then back on the trail to Forum to get over to Rockbridge High School for an art class. I knew I would be riding home after dark so I brought all my stuff (vest, etc) and I have to say that the ride home was awesome! I brought a change of clothes in case it rained as I don't have any 'rain gear' to speak of but I did not need it. On the way to the school I came by a bunch of sheep grazing on the corner of Bethel Rd and Green Meadows: they looked like this:


I also saw a very large flock of Canadian geese on the lawn near RBHS. They were very elegant.

I biked home the last leg of the ride on the trail and I was alone almost the entire way. It was both spooky and fun. My MiNewt is wonderful and really lights the place up. I could hear lots of animal noises and it was very peaceful. I like night riding more and more.

One question: What do my two faithful readers wear when it rains? Do you bring a change of clothes, etc? Are there "special" clothes that do the trick? I need some advice.

Miles: 13.61 (the most yet--I am so chuffed!)

2 comments:

  1. My criteria for riding to work is that if I can get there dry, I'll ride and take my chances on the way home.

    With that said, in the summer, I don't mind getting wet. In the winter, however, I would prefer not to, so I carry a pair of rain pants and and keep a semi-water resistant jacket strapped to my pannier all the time. I just added them back this week and I've pulled them out once already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy! Do you recommend any specific brand of water resistant cycle clothing?

    ReplyDelete