Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 10: Cycle recycle rewind



Biked into town tonight after my meeting to work on bikes at CR. I am lucky to have patient teachers to help me learn more and don't do everything for me. Bikes are a beautiful lesson in physics. There are tension and countering principles running through the whole design. You don't realize the intricacies until you learn to fix what is broken, to see where force and energy are interrupted.

Biked home at 10:00 PM in my magic vest. Cool breeze, full moon, quiet, silent in spots.

Miles: 8.0
Stuff I saw: A young man completely ignore a hot chick, a young man completely ignore ice cream, a young man in a suped up car try to pass me on the right, my favorite house on Stewart lit up by the moon

Stuff I heard: "Hey, Nice vest!";

Guy: "When I get to Colorado, I'll find a girl and go on a date".
Girl: " If you are only there a few days, is it really a date?"
Guy: "I'll prove it by bringing back pictures."

4 comments:

  1. Now that is funny. Does Joe know about your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so...does he really "need" to know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to bike for ice cream, it's one of the few times when I reward myself. Did you find a vest already, that was fast? I keep saying I'm going to come to CR but we always seem to have an event. My daughters school softball games are T & Th now, so I'm still not making it. Although next week I"m scheduled to teach so maybe we'll meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should come so we have more females! :-D I am learning so much and really enjoying it. The vest works great and saved me from having to buy half a dozen just to have one on hand!

    ReplyDelete