Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 17: Car Drivers Share Tips for Cyclists



After the intensity of my last two posts, I decided to lighten up and post something funny. :-D I found this video over at Commute Orlando blog and found it quite funny. I especially love the yellow pedal car.

On the cyclo commuting front, Word to your Mother: Don't let your front light die by leaving it on during the day and then have to cycle home in the dark. Not fun (especially under the Providence tunnel)--it was spooky in places.

Miles: 7.08

Stuff I saw: Turtle right in the middle of the trail, a dead rodent on the side of the street (had long hair...maybe long-haired
rat?), a big toad and a little toad in the MKT off Stewart, a 50ish year-old woman cycling very strongly up Stewart

Stuff I heard: Birds singing, "Heeeeey babeeeee" (from the 'bouncer' outside of the Tin Can Tavern off Elm Street).

2 comments:

  1. That is a classic video! Its the type of video that you would really have to be a bicyclists to fully understand it. The treadmill bike is also wonderfully witty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is either when she throws the raw steak at the guy, or zoooms past yelling stuff! Good times! :-)

    ReplyDelete