Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 24: An ah'HA' moment



Yesterday two co-workers and I went to lunch and out of the blue one of them asked me, "are you are still riding your bike to work"? I was glad to hear her question because it meant I didn't *look* like I biked in (I was wearing a new pair of black slacks I bought specifically because they don't crease easily, are smart looking, and don't require dry cleaning, etc. along with a nice shirt and sweater. I have curly hair that resists helmet head and I had non-smudged makeup so all-in-all I looked professional).

When I said, "Yes, matter of fact I did bike in today", she was surprised and gave me that up-and-down look which I find so funny. She then wanted to know how I brought in my laptop, heavy books on my bike, did not look sweaty, what did I wear, etc. She said she would love to bike in herself but wondered how to handle all the gremlins that seem insurmountable on the other side of the saddle bag. We spent the rest of our walk back to campus talking about how I managed all the concerns she brought up.

I was so glad that, after only one month of bike commuting, others see possibilities for themselves! That kinda rocks. :-D

Miles: 2

3 comments:

  1. You are setting a good example and obviously it's rubbing off. What department are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%!!! You are an inspiration to many others around you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Keep spreading the good word :)

    ReplyDelete