Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 9: Even more night riding!




Today has been challenging but ended on a good note. I had a workshop tonight at MU and then had a long dinner with a good friend and biked home by moonlight (and MiNewt) at 11:30 PM. It was an awesome night ride: the moon was out, a cool breeze was blowing, almost no cars, quiet, and beautiful. I feel a lot stronger on hills and getting around in general.

Miles: 7.65
Stuff I saw: the full moon behind some dark clouds, a big hairy spider on the ground as I passed through the park, a huge frog on the road, and a guy riding a skateboard alongside his friend who was on a bike.
Stuff I heard: "Momentum just carries you and then you just carve out a line"

2 comments:

  1. awesome stuff, Rachel! Soon you will hear, "Nice Vest!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! i know my dork factor will also increase exponentially but i'd rather be lookin' fine in a vest than a hospital gown. :-)

    ReplyDelete