Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night...



Yesterday was one of the most challenging riding days for me. I rode in in the morning to MU and was warm and dry. I had some office work to do until 8:00 PM and by then it was pouring down rain. Fortunately, my raingear had arrived from J&G and I donned it and headed to the library and then out to dinner with a friend.

A few missteps occurred. I learned that you should put your gloves on before your hands get wet or you simply won't be getting them on at all (doh!). I had almost frozen digits by the time I got to the restaurant. I also could not ride down under Providence due to heavy rain and flowing water. I actually got on Providence for one block to Stewart. The most scary block of my life.

The cape worked pretty well as most of me stayed dry. The helmet cover was awesome as was the one I used for a seat cover.

One side note: I have to say that the only time I was really warm all day was when I was on my bike!

Miles: 7

5 comments:

  1. Looking Good! I ride Providence all the time. Yesterday and today I rode it from Ash to Stadium and back.

    You really dont slow down people at all. Some people might honk but only because they THINK you are slowing them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yesterday was a very wet day here as well. I got wet both in the morning and the afternoon, but the afternoon ride was the one that felt the coldest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised at the number of people that can't believe I would ride in the ____________ (rain, cold, fill in the blank!). I like showing em' what's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the rain gear and I like finally having a face to the name. We live in the same town and work on the same campus but haven't met yet.

    I'm spreading rumors around campus about that crazy caped woman on a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll have to "do lunch" sometime Pam! I don't want to put my department on my blog for privacy reasons but I'll tell ya through email.

    ReplyDelete