Monday, October 5, 2009

Bike time



This weekend was chocked full of great riding! Saturday I bike commuted to MU to teach my class and then over to the Ragtag to see Bright Star in the late afternoon, then home. Each stage of the day had bike riding in it and I saw so much I would not normally see. There are a lot of details we miss because we go so fast in cars, and so many interactions with other people that we are deprived of because of the isolation of cars.

Sunday, I biked to church and then out to lunch, over to Walmart on Grindstone, then home. I also walked on the trail for 45 minutes with a friend. I later biked to Schnucks for some fresh produce. Almost 12 miles of biking in one day and 2 miles of walking. On the way to church, I found a pretty pink coffee thermal mug in the ditch at the side of the road. They are at least $10.00 at Walmart and more at coffees shops in town. I picked it up out of the ditch and brought it home. I *love* pink!

Miles:
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 12 miles

2 comments:

  1. How are you handling the cool mornings? I was a bit overdressed this morning. I find the temps hovering around 40 to be the hardest for me to dress. My husband said that is true for his running and biking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overdressing a bit too. On Sunday I wore pants, a dress shirt and pull over sweater. I was a little sweaty feeling when I got to church because of the hills I have to climb. I think I just need a thin t-shirt and overshirt--or maybe those arm thingies you mentioned one time and a plain old t-shirt. I dunno know. It is hard for me to tell. I hate for my hands and neck to be cold, but my torso too hot.

    ReplyDelete