Thursday, November 12, 2009

Under pressure


Has anyone seen this I Love Lucy episode (Lucy and the Chocolate Factory)? Sometimes this is exactly how I feel. Life is going faster and faster and I just wanna stuff chocolates in my bra! :-D I have been so stressed out for several days that the bike ride to work and home are the only parts of my day that I feel relaxed. I am convinced that biking is what has helped me deal with the stress better. I find that when I get home at night, the problems I have been mulling over are lightened and I sleep better at night. I hope that I am able to keep cycling over the winter because it sure helps!

Miles: 6.5

5 comments:

  1. You can SO ride through the winter. Your bike is already set up with fenders. Just layer up, find warm gloves (I prefer hunting mittens). Make sure your gaps are closed: wrists, neck, waist, ankles. A travel mug of a hot beverage helps...I take coffee in my vertical water bottle cage or a "Bar Hopper" --handle bar mounted cup holder. (If you want to try one, I can give you one that I don't use anymore.) And go.

    I think you are doing a great job! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny...this morning as I was eating breakfast, watching television, and contemplating driving to work, Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel were bicycle touring through Italy and France. Dammit, if Fred Mertz can ride from the border to Nice, then I can ride three miles in the rain. So, I did. Shamed by the I Love Lucy Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one of you has the Bar Hopper? You can email me off site if you like! Thank you :-D

    I am SO ready for winter riding---car commuting sucks.

    ReplyDelete