Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day


When I was a little girl I can remember my Dad and I sitting on the couch, drinking hot cocoa and talking one fall evening and he told me he did not have to go to work the next day. When I asked why not he said, "Well, it is a national holiday. Can you remember what it is called?" I started thinking and said, "Veterinarians Day!" which made him laugh and laugh (I was close!).

Having grown up in a military family, I always take Veterans Day seriously and give thanks for all the sacrifice our veterans have made for our country. I am glad we preserve a day to honor them.

Miles: 6

3 comments:

  1. Is it certainly a day of honor, I am so glad that our school does a big program every year and have Veterans from the community come spend time with the kids. My daughter was preparing to sing and play in the band at todays ceremony. It's become a tradition for the kids and they seem to really enjoy it.

    The last few days I thought "wow, I really miss skirts posts" because I wasn't seeing updates on my blogger sidebar. Luckily I thought to look today and noticed you've been posting, I just wasn't seeing them. I like your posts...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your posts!!!!

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! P, I noticed on your site that the counter is not showing my updates. I wonder if my blog settings are off?

    ReplyDelete