Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wishing I could stay.....


Yesterday turned out to be quite an adventure in my little bikey life. I left home on bike when it was 45 degrees outside. I wore a thin pair of cotton pants, t-shirt and light long-sleeve cotton shirt, running shoes, a wool scarf, safety vest, gloves, and a fleece headband. I did not check the weather forecast.

BIG mistake.

I biked to my office and worked until noon, biked downtown for lunch and then off to the library. By the time I left Ellis at 7 PM, it was 25 degrees outside. I bundled up as best I could and pedaled hard home. My trunk stayed warm but my arms were so cold that when I squeezed them I could barely feel it. I was fine because I kept moving, but I will never do something that dumb again. I decided that staying the night in Ellis next time might not be so bad! :-D

Miles: 7

3 comments:

  1. Ooops! I keep some spare clothes at my office and can usually find something to wear home in a pinch. Maybe a spare fleece jacket stashed on the back of your door would be good. Of course the next problem is that you have to remember to return it to your office after you "borrow" it. Hope today was better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Here's the first rule of commuting: Always obsess over the weather forecasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy MO. These days.

    ReplyDelete