Friday, August 28, 2009

No car, low car, whoaaaaa! car challenge



The 2009 No car, Low car, Whoa! car challenge is getting underway September 1st. The deadline to send in your participation information is August 31, 2009 at midnight. I have decided to do the No car challenge which means no driving or stepping into a car for the month of September. I will be commuting by bike to work and for all other errands and meetings, etc. Since I teach on Saturdays, I was always afraid of arriving sweaty or 'outdoorsy' looking to my classes. But now, with panniers and a bike trailer, I can haul all my teaching stuff as well as fresh clothes, makeup, etc. I think that it is better to arrive fresh, alert, and energetic for the day than to worry about hair and makeup to the point that a great opportunity is missed. I also love seeing how students' eyes sort of light up when they see a bike. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment