Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bike Commuting with a Cold



Dottie over at Let's Go Ride a Bike recently had a post on commuting with a cold. I have had two bad head colds over the last three months. Both times they came on after flying somewhere---all that internally circulated air on airplanes means passengers are bathed in one another's germs for several hours. Yuck!

To me, biking with a runny nose is not an issue but the cough I often get makes working up a sweat a bad proposition. Once I get warmed up and break into even a little sweat, I start coughing up a lung. I easily go through a large bottle of cough syrup per cold just to get some sleep at night. It is frustrating and causes me to miss at least a week of working out and bike commuting.

What do you guys do?

No comments:

Post a Comment