Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beauty and the Bike



I have been following the Beauty and the Bike project out of the UK and am encouraged that other car-centric countries are asking why so many young people don't ride their bikes much anymore. I find that many women I know simply don't realize how easy it is to bike and what benefits we get from it. The project is coming out with a DVD and I hope to get a copy (and the book) to keep up with the project. Wish we could something like that here......

3 comments:

  1. This is great. It is important to appeal to girls via fashion. My friend just took his 4 yr old to the bike shop to get her first little Trek. He said her criteria was simple... color, basket and streamers!! He found it interesting but I know that with our daughter the "design" issues and color are far more important than gears, tires etc.. When we bought her last bike they only had her size in a very boring gold color, but told her they could order the light periwinkle! Needless to say she was very glad to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it, but while gears and such are important to me, I want the bike to look GOOD! :-D My current bike is not nearly attractive enough for me but gets the job done and reminds me of my Mom (who gave me the bike as it had been hers--she has a new one now). Do they do custom paint jobs on bikes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has a frame he is going to get painted and found several custom painters I think. YOu can order custom bikes too but the cost is high. My bike is pretty plain...like me and silver and black like my hair!

    ReplyDelete